Wildsouth Discovery: Exclusive Privately Guided
9 & 10 Day South Island
Nature & Wilderness Expedition
Itinerary is strictly subject to availability at time of booking.
This itinerary can be customized to fit your needs. Activities can be added, accommodations upgraded etc.
Itinerary is subject to our
Wildsouth Discovery offers their private, exclusively guided tours of South Island for the discerning traveller - the Wildsouth Discovery Tour. Brian and Paula, the owners of Wildsouth Discovery personally guide and host their tours and they are passionate about New Zealand. Come along and allow them to show you the remarkable landscapes and picturesque locations, the soothing sounds and the tantalizing tastes of South island. This tour is fully escorted with guided walks, first class service, superb food and exquisite accommodations.
"Explore the wonder of New Zealand's magnificent South Island. Your local guides will show you the natural wonders and heritage of Te Wai Pounamu - South Island. Walk through primeval forests, along deserted beaches and view glaciers pushing into rainforests, all on a Pacific Island! Your journey will include Arthur's Pass National Park and the “High Country”, the South West New Zealand World Heritage Area with Glacier Country and Lake Moeraki, the rugged peaks of the Southern Alps, the awe of Piopiotahi/Milford Sound and dazzling Aoraki/Mount Cook”.
Christchurch - Arthur’s Pass - The West Coast - Glacier Country
Lake Moeraki – Queenstown
(with Milford Sound Fly/Cruise/Fly day excursion),
Aoraki/Mt Cook - Edoras - Christchurch
*9 Days / 8 Nights From $7,855 per person (land only)
*10 Days / 9 Nights From $9,275 per person (land only)
10 Day / 9 Night Tour highlights and inclusions…
- Exclusive, private touring
- Fully escorted, “off the beaten” tours
- Personal, experienced and knowledgeable local guides
- Travel by deluxe minicoach
- The incredible scenery of New Zealand’s South Island
- Guided walks and excursions each day to experience the diverse and varied landscapes - mountains, glaciers, forests, rivers, lakes and beaches
- Arthur’s Pass, Westland, Mt Aspiring, Fiordland and Mt Cook National Parks
- Seasonal sightings of the Fiordland Crested Penguins
- Fly/Cruise/Fly excursion to Piopiotahi / Milford Sound with Air Milford
- Breakfasts on nine mornings
- Delicious picnic morning teas and afternoon teas / NZ wine & cheese
- Picnic lunches with NZ wine or cafe lunches on seven days
- Dinners on six nights
- Nine night’s accommodation in first class lodges and premium hotels
- Courtesy city accommodation pickup and drop off
- Depart Christchurch on Day 1 at 12.30 pm and finish in Christchurch on Day 10 at approximately 5.30 pm
Meal codes indicating meals which are included in your Wildsouth experience
B - Breakfast; MT - Picnic morning tea; L - Lunch;
AT - Picnic afternoon tea / NZ wine & cheese; D – Dinner
Note: this trip can be offered for families or couples or friends traveling together and accommodated in a range of larger vehicles.
9 or 10 Day Itinerary?
The nine day Exclusive 9 South Island Nature & Wilderness Expedition takes guests on a journey which presents a wide contrast of the many varied landscapes that South Island has to offer. However, for those with a little more time, the exclusive 10 South Island Nature & Wilderness Expedition includes the iconic Aoraki / Mt Cook National Park with over twenty peaks reaching above 3,000 metres, as well as the largest glacier that exists in a temperate zone – the Tasman Glacier. It also gives guests the experience of the stunning Mackenzie High Country as well the opportunity to visit Mt Sunday, the site of Edoras in the Lord of the Rings films. This trip gives a “circuit” of South Island finishing in Christchurch.